Fashion brands have to be competitive in order to relentlessly drawing customers’ attention. But launching a marketing campaign without first having an impressive fashion logo will not yield the desired results.
Your fashion brand logo is in fact the first visual symbol that your target customers will be seeing all the time whenever you advertise your fashion products. If the logo looks impressive and carries a message for customers, they will take interest in your designer clothing.
So, here are useful tips that you should be following when designing a unique fashion logo for your brand.
- Keep it simple – Make sure that your fashion logo design is simple, devoid of any unnecessary elements of colors, fonts and exaggeration of any kind. Simple design will help people getting your message in quick and easy manner, which matters the most for brand building.
- Know your customers – Who are customers your client is trying to target through fashion logo? Find out more about those set of customers by researching the market and business of your client.
- Follow design brief – Clients usually let designers know about their preferences of colors, symbols and other things they want to be incorporated in logos. Pay heed to their design brief as you are creating logos for clients and not for your satisfaction.
- Study competitors’ logos – A good look at competitors’ fashion logos will give you an idea of how to design better logos. Remember that you need to come out with a logo that looks not only attractive but different also.
- Get inspiration – For creating unique clothing logos based on new design concepts, you must get inspirations from anywhere you can. But a good collection of iconic logos, including fashion logos of global brands, should always be around your drawing board so that you glimpse at it to get inspiration to design unique pieces.
- Draw many sketches – A proven way to get new design ideas is to draw as many sketches as you can quickly on a piece of paper. Such rapid drawings let you know what concepts are in your mind. Then, work on one or two ideas that you find attractive and unique to develop them into full-blown logos.
- Take the design to client – Once you have finalized one or two design sketches, take those to your client to get approval. Once the client likes those sketches, you can confidently develop those designs further to create unique fashion logos.
- Create memorable logo – Ascertain that your fashion logo is a memorable piece of work. A memorable logo is the one that is unique in its use of colors, fonts and overall appearance is such that it remains in the mind of viewers.
- Ensure unique design – Fashion logos must stand out amid crowd of competitors’ logos. Such unique logos have the powers to catch attention of target audience. To create unique logos, make sure that it is based on a new design concept.
- Use colors wisely – Make sure that your clothing brand logos have colors that evoke intended emotions from viewers. Each color evokes a set of emotions. For example, red gives us the feelings of energy, aggression, love and passion. So, select colors that can fill viewers with feelings that express your fashion brand adequately.
- Select perfect fonts – While many dozens of creative fonts are now accessible free on the web, select one of those fonts that can give some personality to your fashion designer logos.
- Make it scalable – Since your client will be using fashion logo on billboards, the logo should look impressive despite scaled to a huge size. Similarly, the logo should be clearly visible when reduced to small sizes on business cards and items like pens.
- Ensure impressive black and white logo – An ideal fashion brand logo is the one that looks impressive when printed in black and white on newspaper ads, billboards, photocopies, stationery etc. Therefore, first design the logo without colors. Once you find the drawing satisfactory, then you can fill colors.
These tips will surely help you in creating fashion logos that communicate with target customers of your client’s fashion brand. The logo must engage viewers with its use of colors etc elements so that they have a nice image of the brand.