We’ve all seen individuals who manage to get a lot of work done every day. Their productivity is so much more consistent than ours that it draws our immediate attention. What’s their secret? Are they just that much more skilled than us? It’s not that they are more skilled; they have just mastered the art of delegation. Learning to delegate everyday tasks frees up precious time and makes an individual much more productive.
Businesses that use the same principles will become super-productive because their time is not being consumed by non-core activities. By freeing up that time, they can focus on growth, product development, and marketing. It’s the reason why some businesses are able to grow at a much faster rate than others.
What Tasks Should be Outsourced?
Outsourcing seems to have a somewhat negative stigma attached to it because of jobs being outsourced to other countries. That’s not the type of outsourcing we’re talking about here. We’re referring to the delegation of non-core tasks to individuals outside of the company to allow business employees to focus on more important tasks.
For example, data entry is one of the most time-consuming tasks in business. It’s important that it gets done, but it’s not what you would call a core task. It’s a devourer of time! You don’t need someone within the company to put data into a spreadsheet or database, so it’s probably the most common form of delegation. That’s why our company (https://www.dataentryoutsourced.com) focuses on data entry. By delegating this one monstrosity of a task, companies will free up so much time.
You need to define tasks within the business that can be delegated. Here are some questions you should ask:
- Is there another company or individual who has the skills to perform the task better than our company?
- Is the task repetitive?
- Does the task add any value to the business or is it just something that has to be done? (I.e., data entry has to be done, but it doesn’t really add value)
- How much time does the task consume? How could that time be better spent?
5 Ways to Become More Productive Through Outsourcing
Start out small and work your way up to larger goals. As you get better at outsourcing company, you’ll start to see a major shift in your business productivity. With that said, here are five ways to become more productive through outsourcing.
- Delegate certain emails to a third-party. You can start by forwarding certain emails to the freelancer. Use the virtual assistant as a filter to weed out junk emails.
- Hire someone to manage your appointments. You’d be surprised at how much time entrepreneurs spend updating their calendars. That’s time that could be better spent elsewhere.
- Outsource data entry. This monumental task should almost always be delegated.
- Hire someone to do your online shopping. This is another area where hours are wasted every week.
- Have someone do your Bookkeeping. Again, this is a task that should almost always be delegated.