A Mobile Billboard? What is that? Is a question that some of you may be asking at this point.
A Mobile Billboard is essentially a billboard that is well…mobile. Generally they are mounted on trailers and moved around from destination to destination, targeting high traffic areas at specific locations.
Mobile advertising puts your message where your customers are. You choose exactly where your message goes, when, and for how long.
Because of this, there has been a larger amount of business using them than ever, and hopefully the reason for this will be explained in this post.
People often go around raving about how good something is, but fail to include the benefits of it.
I have laid out 8 clear benefits to mobile billboards, and expanded on them as follows:
- First and foremost, you can deliver your message exactly where you need it. This means that you don’t waste money targeting people that aren’t nearby to your business. By targeting people in what’s called a specific geolocation, you can ensure that you are directly reaching out to all of your potential customers. Don’t just take my word for it, take a look at this example: An Australian organisation called Green Peace put a billboard about the University of Sydney right in front of none other than the University of Sydney. The look on people’s faces when they walked by and saw what the university was funding was a mix of shock and awe, and the ingenious of the billboard placement converted directly to awareness of the issue and swarms of people to their website.
- Clutter free advertising space. By being able to freely move around, you can ensure that you are not drowned out by all the other advertisements near you. Unlike conventional static billboards, where one is usually accompanied by many, mobile billboards don’t suffer the same drawbacks, and can be freely positioned away from any advertising if need be.
- Well, it’s damn affordable, or “Cost affective compared to other advertising means” if you want to be all formal about it. Getting a Mobile Billboard is not only a lot better than any location based advertising on the market, but it is also a lot more affordable. To prove my point, we have had all sorts of business’s utilise them, ranging from big names like Honda to small local business’s.
- Your message can’t be “Tuned out”. If you look at a lot of online advertising, or are on the computer a lot, you will be so used to seeing advertisements that you may even unconsciously ignore them unless they are on sites that you frequent often. With mobile billboards, they are quite rare, and dare I say huge. This is the perfect time to say that this kind of advertisement turns heads, because it quite literally does.
- Most mobile billboard suppliers offer no booking times so that you can get these things rolled out as soon as you need them. Rarely do you need to get approval for them, and you don’t have to worry about them taking months to put up. And with that being said.,..
- Fast rollout times! Mobile billboards are renown for being easy and quick to setup. Getting one going is a very simple process and is quicker than most advertising campaigns simply because you don’t have to worry about getting permission to place them.
- They create strong visual exposure for your brand. All the people driving past, walking past, or sitting in traffic are distracted by your Mobile Billboard, and provides a brief getaways from a normal drive to work every morning. Now let me give you some stats, because who doesn’t like stats: One specific study by OMA (Outdoor Marketing Australia) showed that 94% of all taking part were able to recall having seen the advertisement in question. Even better, a great 80% of them were able to recall specifics regarding the particular advertisement they saw. What does that translate to for a business? The same study showed that the mobile billboard brought in a sales increase of 107%.
- Lastly, but certainly not least, they are reusable! This makes it possible to try out a small Mobile Billboard campaign to test the waters before rolling out with a larger budget version. You don’t have to worry about reprinting all that material or wasting time trying to find the files you need to print!
WHY IT WORKS
Mobile advertising works so well because it can be present in so many areas of consumers’ lives:
- where they live, work and relax
- where their daily commute takes them
- where they travel and shop
- where they congregate
It’s all about delivering a simple, powerful message, when and where it’s needed.