There is no denying the fact that the advent and great proliferation of ecommerce platforms has made it a must for any business to go much deeper than initiating contact with potential customers. It has morphed into a highly structured exercise with many components designed to not only get new customers and sales leads but in retaining converted customers and in increasing the reach of their product and hopefully becoming the dominant player in the sector.
This means that if though you have long succeeded as a brick and mortar enterprise the time is now to get into the world of ecommerce if only to maintain a competitive advantage in your area of operations and to increase revenues. But there must be a structured way of going about this to make sure that you are doing it well and in a manner that will help you design a chart of deliverables and working on a system of metrics which will measure the success or otherwise if your efforts.
An Superior Approach To Running Your Digital Marketing Strategy
There is method to madness and all though everything might seem daunting and overwhelming at the outset, if you follow this 5 point, clear set of step-by-step ecommerce integration solutions you would have set yourself up for success in the long run.
- Lead Conversion – This simply means converting the people who have interacted with your channels; phone, website, marketing material and others, into paying customers who actually purchase the product you are selling.
- Customer Retention–This is done sequentially after step one above, now that you have paying clients you must work on strategies to retain them and introduce them to more of your product range.
- Reporting–This part is pretty much self-explanatory, in this case you must have a structured way of reporting your success or otherwise in your campaigns and in developing actionable information from the data.
- Progress Profiling – In this case you must ensure that you keep constant tabs on the processes that are working and not working, from this wealth of information you will be able to move effectively forward in your operations.
- Lead Generation – This is the end (or beginning) of the loop, depending on how you choose to look at it. In this case you use the information gleaned from your strategy to become more effective in delivering new paying customers to your products.
This 5 point basic approach to your digital marketing strategy is just but the beginning of the process in making sure that you begin to connect with your customer base effectively and efficiently. And that you start employing a data driven approach, which is evidence based in coming up with solutions which make sense to your bottom line. The best step for any enterprise that wishes to extend their tentacles in the market is to hire a competent team of consultants who have a deep understanding and experience necessary to pull this off, successfully.