I haven’t done a lesson for my child post if a while. It’s not because I’ve run out. Quite the opposite, I find that there are opportunities for teaching and learning in almost anything.
So, the other day I ran across this inspirational video and it was clearly one that needed to be shared. It demonstrates why we should never give up.
This is an amazing video that is just rife with life lessons and lessons that any blogger can take away. Try to watch the video to the end as it’s worth seeing the outcome.
Never Give Up
Often when you start out blogging, you may hear statistics about the failure rate of blogs. It’s somewhat akin to the failure rate of a small business, up in the 90% range. Already this statistic sets a bad tone for aspiring bloggers.
It says that you are expected to fail as a blogger.
But push that thought back. Think on the positives instead.
Blogging is unlike running a brick and mortar small business. The overhead is minute in comparison.
Think on it.
You can continue running your blog each month for the cost of a meal. After that, it’s only your will and determination to keep on.
There will be times when you won’t feel like writing.
There will be times when traffic is low.
At those times, just think, you will never have it as bad as the buffalo in this video. You will never be in as desperate a situation. Just don’t give up. Write something. Even if it’s not your best work.
If you have writer’s block, embed a video. Crate an infographic. Just put up some content and it will open the floodgate.
Lessons for my Child
Here are a few things I took away from the video that I would pass on to my son:
- There’s always hope. No matter how desperate the situation, as long as you keep fighting, there will be hope.
- Never give up. Hope is one thing, but you still need to act on it. As long as there is hope, keep fighting. Never give up.
- The family bond is unbreakable. Family is an amazing thing. It doesn’t have to be blood relation, when you have a community that is close and will love and protect each other, you have a family. Cherish that community and they will cherish you.
- Always take care of those you love. When you stand together as a community, nothing can break you.
- Don’t underestimate the power of love. Ok, that’s a little cheesy, but it’s true. You can take on anything with the love and support of your friends and family.
If my son learns these lessons, I know that he has the means to take on the world. Whether it’s in the blogosphere or elsewhere, these few lessons will lead you down the path to success.