Getting married is a great experience, indeed it should be one of the best days of your life! However, for some people, the finances involved can be a major constraint to having a beautiful ceremony. But be encouraged, there are several ways you can save your money and still have your dream wedding. These are some tips:
- Never get married on a Saturday. There is a bigger chance of getting good discounts on the cost of the venue if the wedding is on a week day.
- Don’t be in a hurry. Take time to do proper research on cost of different venues, and therefore choose the most reasonably priced. Book early and benefit from discounts. Also take time to get the best prices on clothing, caterers, decorators, women’s and mens wedding bands, and other wedding necessities.
- Avoid getting married during peak seasons. Plan for your wedding to take place during off-peak seasons, this will reduce the costs dramatically, because you will get much lower rates, especially on venues.
- Choose a venue where you can use your own vendors. It is cheaper to use your own caterers, photographers, DJ, etc. If you were to use the ones at the venue it will be more expensive.
- Have the wedding ceremony and reception at the same venue. This saves money because you only pay for one facility, and it also saves on transport of moving from one venue to the other on the wedding day.
- Cut costs on the cake. The bottom of the cake can actually be fake, made out of decorated cardboard, while the top smallest piece can be real so that it can be cut on the wedding day. Have some simple sheet cakes stored separately which you will cut and serve to your guests. This totally saves the cost of having a huge wedding cake which is usually very expensive.
- Choose a venue which already looks quite beautiful, so that you don’t need much décor. For example, choose a venue that has beautiful gardens so you don’t need to do much decorating. This reduces greatly on costs, because décor can be very expensive.
- Serve food like roast chicken, baked potatoes, corn and other such foods that are quite affordable and nice, you can also serve some tasty snacks on your wedding day. You will save all the huge expenses of serving a full-course meal to all your guests.
- Have artificial flowers or more greenery. You can actually make artificial flowers from crepe paper, which is so much cheaper than real flowers. These are easy to make and will last after the wedding to be used for other purposes. You can also have more greenery, they are cheaper. Another alternative is that you could do away with the flowers completely; you will still have a beautiful wedding.
- Get some items second hand. If you can get some second hand items from friends or neighbors, these will be very handy for your décor. You could also get items for garage sales and transform them into unique items to beautify your wedding. This will save you a great deal on the décor cost.
So go ahead and plan your wedding with confidence, you can do it very affordably!
David Wicks is a consultant in wedding ceremonies; He also has a lot of knowledge in the best priced wedding facilities and venues, including cakes, bridal clothing, women and mens wedding bands. Visit her site here for more information.