Most of us have a problem in setting up the range extender. It happens when someone does not have the time to configure it by going through the manual steps or someone is not aware of it. All these results are nothing but definitely lead you to the deepest frustration. Nowadays, New Extender Setup has become an easy task for those who handle things smartly and take challenges of life calmly. If it is impossible for short-tempered people, we would like to work as a fire-brigade for them and vanish all their worries.
Netgear Extender Setup: Stretch your Home Network
First of all, cool down your mind and keep all your worries aside. We come here just to share our views if there is any way that we can help you out. Shall we proceed?
• For your Netgear Extender Setup, you are supposed to unbox your range extender and keep it safely aside.
• Either you can bring your router closer to the extender or you can take your extender closer to the router. But don’t even think to create a difference between them, if you do so, you can never configure your devices with each other. Bring them enough close to each other, once they are configured, you can move your devices to their intend location. But make sure that distance between router and extender not to be exceeding the limit of 20 feet.
• WiFi Range Extender Setup needs to be plugged in to a wall socket and so has router. Once you plugged in your devices, wait for a short while until the LED light on both of them turns to solid green.
• If they are still blinking, wait for a little more till they are stiff at one place. WiFi Extender Setup can take a long time to configure when lights are in blinking mode.
• If you still find them blinking, push the On/Off button on your extender once. You can also apply the same process on the router (if needed).
• After this process, if your LED’s lights are still blinking, there is no option left to restart your device. And how would you do that? It’s a simple process. Press and hold the WPS button on your range extender for 30 seconds after that release it.
• Now it is possibility that your lights are stable. We would also like to suggest that you keep all your devices up to date because electronic things do need daily updation and when it comes to your Extender Setup, updation is the least important thing.
• Done with all? Now grab your computer and launch a web browser you like. Once you have opened it, in the address bar you have to type mywifiext, this site will directly take you to New Extender Setup page. If you see an error message like “Page Not Found”, don’t worry because it is quite normal. What you can do, just get out of your web browser and clear all the malware from it (browsing history, cache and cookies etc) and restart your device in use.
• Now retype the URL, but be careful in typing, because in many cases we may type or mistype the URL. This process will take you to Netgear Genie Setup page.
Netgear Genie Setup: Exploring the Network
Once you have entered into the setup page of Netgear Genie, you are tending to fill all the required details to log in. You have to fill them by default that came along with your manual steps or you might have received it from your Internet Service Provider. You can fill the default details only when you haven’t changed the security settings on your own.
You can go further until you fill those details. Once you have filled them successfully, you don’t have to do anything but obviously follow the positive responses and at the last just finish the process.
In case you haven’t got the login details and failed to proceed towards the steps of installation, just go with the IT guy or the best you can do is going with us by sharing your views in the comment box given below. We will be glad to help you and fix all your issues instantly. Your feedback is much more important for us than anything else.