Online and offline marketing strategies both have their pros and cons. Here we consider whether it’s best to use online or offline marketing strategies or perhaps even a mixture of both.
The question of whether to use online or offline marketing is one which has been raging for years. Online and offline marketing both have excellent benefits over each other and should not be used in isolation of one another. In fact, they should act together in a coordinated and multifaceted campaign, to ensure you are reaching as many people as possible.
Offline marketing can be problematic because it is very difficult to measure the impact that your promotions are having. Poster printing is, however, a great way to promote an event or offer and raise customer awareness, but it can also be difficult to assess the impact it’s having until the actual night or day that you are promoting.
Online promotions are often difficult to target effectively but they have a larger reach and provide more flexibility. One of the huge bonuses of online marketing is that you can actually monitor how effective the strategy is, as it progresses. This allows changes to be made to events or venues before it takes place so that you are never under or over-catering for the crowds. Online Marketing also allows you to use impressive audio visual productions which have been proven to have an excellent impact on marketing success.
Some of the benefits of online marketing over offline marketing are:
- Tracking – The ability to track and analyse results from marketing through Google Analytics and CoreMetrics provides your business with the opportunity to set benchmarks that you aim to reach and then monitor the success as each customer visits your website.
- Instant Gratification – It can take a long time between a customer seeing a poster and acting on the information. Inversely, a customer can be taken one click away from buying the item which you are advertising through an online promotion.
- Numerous connected platforms – There are a large number of platforms which can be utilised for online marketing. Merely having a website is not enough so it is important to utilise free platforms to ensure you are reaching a wide audience.
- Email – Allows you to target marketing down to the individual. Email is an excellent way to build a target audience and keep customers interested in your business.
- Social Media – Social media is a great way to advertise online. Offering competitions, information and entertainment can allow you to reach a vast audience and get them to help promote your services.
- Blogs – Blogs allow you to demonstrate your expertise in a particular area. The principle of blogs is that you provide something for free in order to demonstrate your knowledge and services.
Offline marketing is a useful tool which should not be neglected. At the same time, the benefits of cost reduction and efficiency which are offered by online marketing is something to be embraced. Keep in mind however, that all business marketing should be connected and focused. By running joint online and offline marketing strategies you will be able to reach the widest audience possible, and ensure brand recognition.
Try out campaigner email marketing for small businesses. Specializing in email marketing for startups and small businesses. Campaigner will give you the most effective email marketing campaign for your business. Sign up now for a free trial.
There’s no risk and you can cancel any time. Get more customers! Run your own local deals.