Take your hobby to the next level and turn your blog into real income Anyone who blogs knows that it is a fun, creative way for sharing thoughts and opinions. Now imagine making money from that hobby! This practical, how-to guide shows you how you can get serious about using your blog and implement advertising, sponsorship, partnerships, and affiliate marketing options to turn your hobby into extra income, or even a full-time career. Helpful examples and featured articles with topic experts and bloggers who have built successful business demonstrate how to promote your business or build a blog-based business. Discusses finding your niche, adhering to legal considerations, establishing your disclosure and privacy policies, and dealing responsibly with review requests Introduces ideas for advertising and other monetization options and recommends promotional avenues to explore Suggests creative ways to keep your blog fresh, unique, and interesting (more…)
Own your own website
You can start out with a free blog from one of the various sites that offer free hosting, however at some point you will want the control and freedom that comes with having your own site or blog. money.blogspot.com says hobby, but www.money.com says this is a serious business.
You’ll want to find a good host and pick a good domain name for your blog. Remember, this is your brand now. There are many good hosting companies out there. This blog uses iPage. I like it for several reasons. It’s been reliable for me at a good price $3.50 a month, which includes the domain name. You do have to commit yourself to several months at a time as a package, but I feel this is reasonable since you should make a time commitment when you start a business.
If you are just starting out a website or blog, then you don’t want to break your budget on the startup costs. At the same time, you want to make sure your company is reliable, and provides you with a stable service. iPage has met all of those criteria for me so far. In addition, recently they gave me a courtesy call just to make sure I was happy with their service. I may be a sucker, but I don’t mind a little kissing up when it comes to customer service. It tells me that they at least want to go in the right direction. I urge you to investigate and find the right host for you, but if you want to look into iPage, you can read about all their features here.
Once you find a good host, the next step in a successful online business is building a good looking, professional website. This is your jumping off point in all your online marketing endeavors. Having your own site means having your own unique brand. There’s a number of options to help you with web design. I’m currently using WordPress with this website and definitely recommend it. Not only is it relatively simple to use, but there are a number of developed plugins designed to help you make money online. You can create your content easily and put your mark on your work. It’s indispensable.
Now that you have your own site, you want to drive quality traffic. Attracting people to your website or blog is a full time job. Part of the key is to create links back to your blog. Out of all the SEO techniques, this one is the one thing that you control the most. You can draft and publish articles, comment on forums and other blogs.
The simplest things you can do right off the bat are to submit your blog to the major search engines. You can do it manually at each of their sites. Start with Google, Yahoo and Bing. Next, make sure you are pinging your site, to let all the major search engines and blog directories know when you update. This is a good automatic way of building some links initially. There are several free services to help you do this. Start with Pingomatic, pingoat.net, and pingler. If you intend to run a large number of websites, you may investigate further into pingler. They have a low cost subscription service to automate pinging up to 25 websites for you.
Now, you want to start visiting the other blogs in your niche and really exploring. As you read up and educate yourself, also leave some quality comments behind. You will be promoting your reputation and establishing some quality backlinks at the same time. There are numerous ways to get your website linked. You need to put your brand out there. Just as you would advertise in the offline world if you opened a shop, you need to do the same thing when you open a website.
Free Offers and Incentives
Once you get people to your website, you want to give them a reason to come back. You want to develop a relationship with that person, who may become a loyal customer. You may have heard the phrase, “the money is in the list.” One way to develop a relationship is to offer a free gift with an opt in subscription to your newsletters. Your free offers gives a reward to your visitor, and at the same time helps you build a targeted list of potential customers. The relationship that you build with a free offer may lead to a long term customer for you.
New Ezine Articles | Improving Sales By Strategic Online promotion
By: David Pickett
Maximizing Revenue By using Strategic Website advertising
The web has now become a vital medium for product and service advertisements. Almost every organization that can afford print, radio and TV ads have also ventured into placing adverts via the internet.
But with innumerable web pages available being visited by numerous pc users, how can you make certain that your advertising campaign can be seen by your target shoppers and that your leads will be followed by these users? Below are a few tips.
- Place an ad on the internet sites frequented by your target clients. Before doing this, you have to specify who will be your target potential consumers. Adding an advert on internet sites that they ordinarily go to will increase the possibility that the marketing campaign will get the attention and will be followed your targeted buyers.
Also, think about the site’s search engine optimization placement, page views, external linking and the other ads positioned on it. External linking will determine if there are other online sites that link to this web pages. This will mean that people can get to the web-site where your advertisement is placed, even if they are browsing a different websites. Check if many of your competitors have advertisements on this site.
- Placing advertisements on some sites cost some money. However, there are also internet sites which might place a keyword rich link to your websites, product or service in exchange of having their link being displayed on your website. This is also correct in regards to the newsletters delivered by internet site owners to its subscriber list members on a regular basis.
Additionally, having useful links placed on your website and having internet sites connect to your websites aid in improving search engine ranking. This resembles making a declaration that your site’s content is important that other websites have links to your webpages.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) is also a great method in Website advertising. You will only need to pay for the advert if the link is clicked. Should you opt for this method of ad, ensure that you are choosing services that set restrictions on daily fees. There are also services that really help you recognize effective keywords and monitor the Pay per click results.
- Decide your domain name wisely. It is still being contested if domain names make a difference in relation to search engine ranking. Whether it does or not, having product related domains aid clients remember your domain, that they can go back to your internet site even without the links.
- Be certain to have interesting articles on your websites. While keyword density is important in search engine placement, having ineffective information or wearisome repetition of keywords will not enhance your customer’s confidence in your web pages. It may even affect your internet sites traffic and can get your web page removed from search engines. So make sure that keywords are used strategically.
- When pondering over keywords, think like your target shoppers. What do you believe are they going to lookup to allow them to get to your websites? Also, use specific keywords or key phrases. Submitting a single word or possibly a very basic expression to search engines won’t get you to the top part of the search results versus submitting specific keywords that describe your services and products completely.
- Track your adverts. Always check just how much you’ve spent on inserting links on routinely visited sites and on Pay per click. There are actually services where you can keep an eye on Pay per click transactions and how many of these end in sales. You always need to consider if the adverts that you have placed on these websites are getting you to your target clients and if these adverts can lead to revenue.
One last tip on promoting product or service, sell the benefits. It can help your marketing strategies a great deal if you emphasize some great benefits of selecting your products and services rather then just discussing the product specifications. Product specs may not mean much to buyers, unless they understand what these stand for (how these specifications have an affect on the grade of the service or product).
Most people point out getting to the top of search results is hard because innumerable internet sites exist, that may be utilizing the same keywords. Even though this holds true, this does not mean that your website has to be stacked under your competitors’ sites when presenting search engine results. Strategic advertising and linking, together with helpful content, can also get you to the top of the search results.
Article From New Ezine Articles