Not everyone will have the same success at affiliate marketing, but there are some tips to help you make more money.
Find the right Keywords
When you are looking for the right market to break into and you are researching your keywords, look for common sense words in your niche. Your key words should be a great converters. At the same time, you want to find the words or phrases where the competition is not as high. Often times, it’s not a bad idea to find the second most popular keywords in your niche. You will not be aware of it until you try but as days goes on you will develop the powerful skill of judging the right search terms for your niche.
Think Outside the Box
Everyone is moving in the same direction, you want to market your niche in a way to make it stand out in a crowd. Find out where people are going, but the key is to get there first. If you are always following the crowd, you will forever be a step behind.
You may hear about many marketers who have earned millions in months. Most of the time, these sites are puffing. While there is good money to be had on the internet, you have to work at it and be imaginative. Do not get anxious while you are new as you have much to learn before you get adept to it. Remember, many SEO techniques require you to put in the time and effort to do research, participate on other people’s websites and create some backlinks to your site. This won’t happen over night. But if you take the time to do it properly, you may find yourself on the path to riches.
Follow our blog to learn more about specific techniques to help you make money online. If you enjoy our articles, please share them with your friends.
Now that you’ve started on the road to creating your blog, you’ll need to start bringing traffic to your site before you can make money online. You’re going to be researching topics like SEO, driving traffic and advertising. Here are a few ways that you can advertise your site
1. Article Marketing: you can direct people back to your site/blog in your articles. This will also help create back links. Ezinearticles is a free, popular service you can use to easily publish your articles.
2. Forums: Join as many of these as you can related to your niche and talk, talk, talk on them. Make sure you have your site in your signature. This will also help create back links. We have our own forums for this very purpose!
3. Submit Your Site: Be sure to submit your site to all of the search engines. All the major search engines have a page where you can manually submit your site. Don’t wait for them to find it themselves.
4. Submit your site to all the social bookmarking sites like stumbleupon, digg, etc…
5. Pinging: Be sure to ping your site every time there is an update. You can use pinging services like Ping-O-Matic, Pingoat, Pingler
etc. A service like pingler even offers a low cost service that allows you to ping up to 25 blogs at once. Good for managing a large network of sites.
6. Keywords: Use good, low competition keywords in the posts you make on your blog. You can find these by using the google keyword tool.
7. Blog Commenting: Comment on other people’s blogs related to your niche. Make sure you leave quality comments and backlink your site.
8. Link/ad Exchanges: You agree to put their link on your page in exchange for them putting your link on their page. It works the same way with ad exchanges, you put their banner on your page and vice versa. There are several good services that do ad exchange. Look into entrecard, adgetize, or blogupp for a start.
9. Free Classifieds. Craigslist, oodle, etc… This is just good old fashioned placing an ad in the newspaper. Sometimes the old methods work pretty good.
10. Free Press Releases. There are several sites that do free press releases. prweb, upvery, etc… These sites will submit your short articles to news sites all over the web. You can get an incredible amount of mileage out of these services.
If you are truly serious about making money, you need to have a plan to reach the level of income that you want to achieve. This is a lesson that many people miss, even in other areas of life. However, it’s especially important to have a goal and a plan if you want to make money online. It’s easy to generically say that you want to make money blogging or go into affiliate advertising. It’s another thing to actually get into the business and become successful.
It’s important to set clearly defined short term and long term goals to keep things in perspective. Set yourself a big picture goal. What do you want to achieve in a year? five years? Your goal can be a certain amount of earnings, or how much traffic you are seeing on a daily basis.
Don’t be afraid to set your sights high on your long term goal. Some of you may be afraid that you may feel overwhelmed by setting a high long term goal. However, remind yourself that this is a big picture goal. Once you set it, put it aside. Your next step is to set some short term goals.
Your short term goals would be what you do on a day to day, or week to week basis to do that. When you set realistic short term goals for yourself, the long term goal becomes more achievable. Your short term goal can be as simple as posting 5 comments a day on a blog in your niche. Or earning $20 in a month. Make sure that your short term goals are progressing you to your final goal. But at the same time, make sure they are achievable. You will find that if you set simple goals on a day to day basis, you will over achieve. Then over time you can set the bar higher.
Taking the simple stepetting a goal will help you keep your focus on where you want to go with your online business. So, as you start on this path of making money online, take the time to sit down and plan out some of your short term and long term goals.
Then do some research on how to achieve your plan. There are a number of great resources on this site and others to help you out.