An average Google search yields so many results that it is physically impossible to go through each and determine which one is most relevant to you. In order to make it easier for you to find what you’re looking for, Google uses algorithms that read through the content on each site and finds out how relevant it is to your search. The pages that have the most relevant information are listed in order so that you can get the information you need.
The truth is that the majority of business owners and writers don’t understand this process, or to use it to their advantage.
This article will give you 7 ways to write content that ranks well on Google so that your website doesn’t disappear to pages unexplored.
- Make sure you understand the algorithm
Before you can get down to the actual writing, you need to make sure that you understand what Google looks for. While there are certain requirements – more on keywords later – there are slight variations that you need to understand. It gets quite technical, but there are a number of sites that demystify the math so that you can go about crafting the best copy possible.
- Do a bit of research on metadata
The rise of web platforms like WordPress and Wix has made it much easier to correctly tag and label your websites. A lot of writers forget about metadata when conducting an SEO audit or site refresh, but it’s absolutely critical in ascertaining a great Google rank. The site’s metadata not only guides the search algorithm; it also serves as a sort of organizational chart for the keywords you use in your body copy.
- Chat with the marketing team
If you have an opportunity, chat with the marketing team or business people involved to find out what areas of their company or service they are trying to grow. There is more than likely a strategy in place and their focus might have an impact on what kind of content you’re writing. Their ambitions should guide you in choosing effective keywords that meet the business objectives.
- Write the right keywords
Keywords are at the core of content in SEO terms. These labels are what Google is looking for. They must be placed in an intuitive fashion, and stay consistent with the metadata and website objectives. As mentioned above, it is also crucial to stay on top of trends and changes to the way keywords are used – in the past, a certain saturation of keywords was required, but that is constantly shifting. Stay on your toes and always, always remember that there is a person reading the content on a screen somewhere.
- Check for plagiarism
Apart from the fact that there are legal implications if your work is found to be an unauthorized copy, it will also have a negative effect on your page rank. There are a number resources out there that can trace copy that’s been used before – track them down and use them.
- Update your sites regularly
In accordance with the changing algorithms, it is essential to keep all website copy fresh and up to date so that you maintain your rank. This is a relatively simple exercise that involves editing and copy refinement, and should fall into your natural site maintenance.
- Keep it natural
The golden rule of great, high-ranking content is that it flows like any article. Craft the keywords, consider derivatives, and be creative so that you’re giving the audience something valid, not just a keyword-saturated list.
With these 7 handy tips you should have no problem getting the Google ranking you’re after, but remember that SEO alone isn’t enough to secure a top 3 spot as that often requires a significant investment, so explore paid ranking too.
QR codes are tested ways to promote a business effectively. Particularly, small business benefits from the codes immensely as these are usually cost-effective means of business marketing.
You can use online qr code generator to get your choice of codes that suit to your marketing purpose. But to use them wisely in such ways that you take maximum advantage for promoting your business is a different aspect that you should take into account.
Here, we give you crucial tips on exploring qr coding marketing for promoting your business. Make sure that you keep these tips in mind while using qr code generator.
- Define your goals – Decide why you want customers to scan your code? You may want to use codes to bring traffic to your home page or simply to educate people about your new product or service. So, find out your exact purpose.
- Will it work for your audience – Know your audience and evaluate if they would response to your QR code? Remember that not everyone likes to scan the codes. So, the type of customers you are targeting should be your basis for using barcode generator to create QR codes.
- Give incentives – After using qr code generator and created code of your choice, it is not guarantee that customers will scan your code to get your email address and other information. Your potential customer may not be having the code scanner app installed in smartphone. So, you should give incentives such as a discount coupon to download app and use it right away to scan your code.
- Print a short URL – You should give some information about your QR code so that they become curious to scan the code. So, if there is some space, consider adding a short URL near the QR code.
- Link code with mobile website – If you have a mobile-optimized website, link your QR code with the site. This is important as most of your customers are on mobile phones and you can drive them to your ecommerce site.
- Test the code – Make sure that when you use qr code generator online, you test the code for scanning by using a variety of devices. Ensure that the code scanning takes you to your intended web page quickly.
- Evaluate performance – There are many free and paid web services that can help you track your code’s performance. You can also use Google Analytics to find out how much traffic your QR code is generating and driving to your site. Such QR code services include BeQRious,QReateBUZZ and TAGO.
- Look for adequate phone signal strength – Since people will scan QR codes using smartphones, it is essential that you post the codes at the sites where phone wireless signals are stronger. For example, if a subway platform has weak wireless signal, then printing a QR code within an ad is of no use.
- Consider places where people enjoy – As people love to take pictures when they have a lot of time in hands, you should show your QR code at such places. You can also use places like a bus stop where people stand for a long time waiting and they can think of scan your code on ad.
- Implant your logo in codes – When using your qr code generator, think of adding your logo to your QR codes too so that your potential customers can identify your business by merely looking at your logo. But make sure that the code works properly along with your logo.
Hope that these tips will guide to exploring qr code generator and codes wisely for marketing your business.