If you are running an online business then it is really very important for you to get good search engine rankings. This is considered to be important because if your website does not comes in top ten search engine rankings then it literally means it does not exist, as no one would be able to catch up your website. Normally people don’t like to go on the second page of any search engine in order to find their desired stuff, as most of the time they find what they are looking for in top ten rankings, hence your website is completely ignored and is not able to get the traffic it desires for.
About an year ago, people only use to hire a SEO to get search engine optimization done for them, and this is because SEO was the only professional that they would need on their side in order to get things done for them, but the new Penguin update dynamically changed each and everything, as now it has become compulsory to do social networking and bookmarking of his page if he is willing to increase / retain his Google rankings. Hence now SEO and SMM both have significance importance when it comes to search engine rankings of his website.
In the following lines you will get to know about the job description of SEO and SMM one by one.
Job description of SEO :
Following are some of the duties / responsibilities of a SEO:
- Drive required traffic to the website.
- Work on Meta Tags, Title Tags and Descriptions etc.
- Forum posting, Link building via posting content over different blogs, Web 2.0 sites etc.
- Analyze website content from time to time.
- Make sure that all the content is original and free from plagiarism. (10% to 15% Plagiarism is allowed)
- Using the right keywords in your searches.
- Eliminate broken links.
- Take steps to increase the PR of website.
- Keep himself updated about any changes in Algorithms and adapt them as soon as possible.
These are some of the core duties of a SEO, in short he is responsible for all the On – Page and Off – Page activities.
Job description of SMM:
This profession actually took a boost after Google introduced its all new Google Penguin update. As after that, it becomes must for a website owner to do social media marketing of his website in order to increase or at least retain his current search engine rankings without exception. Following are some of the core duties of / responsibilities of a SMM.
- Bringing more and more members to the group.
- Manage, organize and market multiple social media pages at a time.
- Engage the audience with relevant and enticing content.
- Replying to all the queries of members.
- Share company’s blogs and other information that would help in bringing traffic to the website.
- Social bookmarking of page and submissions of bookmarking links.
These duties of SEO and SMM are surely very cumbersome, but by going with social networking engine, the task of SEO and SMM can be minimized as a social networking engine will handle most of your social media marketing tasks in the best possible manner.
Maria Bennett is a guest blogger for http://www.nextdayflyers.com an online printing company where you can order brochures, high-quality flyers and more for your small business. Their prices are great and quality is top-notch.