It’s about that time of the month for a monthly report. This last month was fairly productive as well as diversified. I’ve been working on my sources of income from around the net as well as really making tremendous use of PLR Articles for building traffic and income. I’ve also added a store section to Riches Corner with some of my own products including PLR Article packs.
This month’s traffic was very stable. It’ is almost the same as the previous month. I had 3,394 visit with 5,177 page views.
Of course, we are always on a quest for constant growth, so I did realize that I had been busy with my 9-5 job and my son’s 2 year old activities in the last couple of months. Also, I had been working on some of my other sources of online income that diverted some of my time away from traffic building. Hence my greater use of PLR Article for directory submissions and doing a few other things to build up my traffic.
The percentage of my search engine traffic rose to 34% of my traffic. This is significant as it shows that I’m on the rise with the search engines.
I have noticed that I am getting hits from search engine traffic quite fast now when I publish a post. I will start seeing hits the same day. This is a trend that started occurring when the blog was around 6 months old.
I would anticipate that 6 months is probably an average length of time for the average new blogger to build authority with the search engines. I say average as I was not overly aggressive in my traffic building and link building campaigns when I started Riches Corner.
I took a more organic route of building up the blog by doing blog commenting and participating in some ad exchanges such as entrecard. I didn’t have the time to build any link wheels and do a lot of article marketing outside of using The Free Traffic System. I just built up my content, writing posts about 2-3 times a week and blog commenting.
My income streams are getting more diverse. I have been expanding a bit and trying some new things. Also, I’ve been working on different techniques with some of my existing programs.
Here’s my breakdown of my various income streams for the month:
Sponsored Tweets: $17.91
Ad.fly: $3.53 (total income over 2 months)
Affiliate Lights: $10.00
Commission Junction: $25.00
Free Traffic System: $20.00
Ebook sales on Amazon Kindle: $6.93
Lending Club: Net annualized return is at 16.85%
Here you can see the breakdown of my Lending Club details:
As you can see, even though this month my traffic remained stable, my income grew. My total income for this month was $123.10. Not bad for a part time blogging project.
Here’s where I am starting to see some productive sources of income from my online projects:
Ebook sales on Amazon Kindle. Each week, I’m able to put together a niche ebook by editing and combining some PLR articles together. Then I’ll publish the ebook on Amazon Kindle and at that point any sales are just residual income. Each month, I’m earning a little bit more from the sales as I produce more ebooks. This is a very steady source of income that costs me little in time and expense to implement. As you can see, one can very easily recoup the cost of purchasing a large PLR article package by putting together a few ebooks.
- Adly with Linkshare. I put these together because I am using the same method for earning income with each. I have been creating niche twitter accounts and routing rss feeds to those accounts using dlvr.it. This way, I can use the Adfly api as my link shortener and earn income through the ads that are displayed whenever someone clicks on the link. However, I have also been routing the Linkshare affiliate programs that offer rss feeds to some of those same twitter accounts. This way I am automating the process of affiliate sales.
- Linkshare is one of the few affiliate networks that have programs with rss feeds, which makes this an ideal service for my needs. In addition they have reputable programs such as buy.com, itunes, and tigerdirect, which make people feel secure when making a purchase from those companies. As you can see this method is working for me generating some income and it’s about as passive as you can get.
- My Donanza Project Board. Each month, I’m earning a little bit more with my Donanza Project Board. Every once in a while, I see a larger payout when someone gets hired for a large project, which is a good bonus. I like this program as it helps people get jobs and doesn’t cost the user anything, while still earning some return.
- Earning from Twitter. I put this in a separate category aside from the method that I use with Adfly and Linkshare as I am also earning some income through advertising on Twitter. Mylikes and Sponsored Tweets are the two best programs that I’ve found for advertising on twitter. As you can see, they each generate a bit of income for me. Again, this is a simple way of adding to your online income stream.
- Finally, I am rolling over some of my online income into peer to peer investing. Lending Club is one of the most reliable peer to peer lending services. It’s FDIC insured and they screen their loan applicants vigorously. I put this in my income summary because it is a social lending platform and an alternative source of income to traditional investments, and I do increase my online income by rolling over my money to Lending Club. This is a service that is free to join and doesn’t require a minimum deposit. It basically allows you to cut out the bank as an intermediary and act as the lender yourself, thus receiving a larger portion of the interest earned on a loan.
As you can see, there are many methods of earning extra income online. Blogging is just one source, however it is a good jumping off platform for these other sources of income. While my blogging traffic was steady this month, my online income did grow due to diversification. Look forward this month to some upcoming articles that go into more detail about some of these other money making methods that are working for me. Many of these are free or low cost and don’t even require running your own website.