A few weeks back, I took all of you to the blogger zoo, where you got to meet the blogging animals: Lion, Flamingo, Elephant, Gorilla, etc… Many of you really enjoyed that post and picked the animal or combination of animals that you liked and fit your personality.
Today, I want to announce one of the animals has ventured out of the blogging zoo and into the blogosphere!
The Panda Blogger has entered the We Blog Better Guest Posting contest!
The Panda Blogger is an old philosopher and a deep thinker. Although he is traditionally shy in nature, he has had some experience with humans and will occasionally share his thoughts with us. Active and curious about his surroundings, it was only a matter of time before the Panda Blogger decided to come out of seclusion and become active in the blogosphere.
In that vein, the Panda Blogger and I have been working on some of his memoirs and developing some of his deeper philosophies about blogging.
About the We Blog Better Guest Posting Contest
I wrote about the We Blog Better Guest Posting Contest last week. I love the We Blog Better blog. It’s one of my go to blogs to read when I am surfing the blogosphere. When they announced their contest, I jumped on the opportunity to become a part of that community. For any of you interested in joining the contest, you can read more about it in my post here.
Basically, the rules are simple. You must submit your entry by the end of the month, May 31, 2011. The entry should be something related to blogging. Then you need to write a post about the contest on your own blog.
The entries will be judged as follows:
- 10 Points for retweets. Contestants may retweet their entries once per day – any additional tweets will not be counted.
- 15 Points per comment. (I will give points for authentic comments and replies, however, I will only count up to 3 threads. Feel free to extend your threads as far as you’d like, but I will only count the first 3.)
- 20 Points for Facebook Shares and/or Likes.
- 20 Points for each vote on Blog Interact.
- 20 Points for each vote on Blokube.
- 50 Points for incoming links (If the links to your post don’t automatically trackback, you’ll need to email me the link in order for it to count. If your post gets published on Blog Enage, or another similar voting site, that is considered as a link. However, simple submissions won’t count as a link unless they’ve been voted up to publish.)
- 50-100 Points for a high quality, well-written blog post.
- 2 Points for each Page View.
The Panda Blogger Enters!
The Panda Blogger has walked the earth for thousands of years. We have seen some of his influence in the past and it is now time again for him to re-enter the world of man. You can find out more about the Panda Blogger and his history in his guest post.
When you read the entry, keep an eye out for some easter egg references. Have fun and enjoy the article! If you like the article, please leave a comment and put in a vote.