QR codes are tested ways to promote a business effectively. Particularly, small business benefits from the codes immensely as these are usually cost-effective means of business marketing.
You can use online qr code generator to get your choice of codes that suit to your marketing purpose. But to use them wisely in such ways that you take maximum advantage for promoting your business is a different aspect that you should take into account.
Here, we give you crucial tips on exploring qr coding marketing for promoting your business. Make sure that you keep these tips in mind while using qr code generator.
- Define your goals – Decide why you want customers to scan your code? You may want to use codes to bring traffic to your home page or simply to educate people about your new product or service. So, find out your exact purpose.
- Will it work for your audience – Know your audience and evaluate if they would response to your QR code? Remember that not everyone likes to scan the codes. So, the type of customers you are targeting should be your basis for using barcode generator to create QR codes.
- Give incentives – After using qr code generator and created code of your choice, it is not guarantee that customers will scan your code to get your email address and other information. Your potential customer may not be having the code scanner app installed in smartphone. So, you should give incentives such as a discount coupon to download app and use it right away to scan your code.
- Print a short URL – You should give some information about your QR code so that they become curious to scan the code. So, if there is some space, consider adding a short URL near the QR code.
- Link code with mobile website – If you have a mobile-optimized website, link your QR code with the site. This is important as most of your customers are on mobile phones and you can drive them to your ecommerce site.
- Test the code – Make sure that when you use qr code generator online, you test the code for scanning by using a variety of devices. Ensure that the code scanning takes you to your intended web page quickly.
- Evaluate performance – There are many free and paid web services that can help you track your code’s performance. You can also use Google Analytics to find out how much traffic your QR code is generating and driving to your site. Such QR code services include BeQRious,QReateBUZZ and TAGO.
- Look for adequate phone signal strength – Since people will scan QR codes using smartphones, it is essential that you post the codes at the sites where phone wireless signals are stronger. For example, if a subway platform has weak wireless signal, then printing a QR code within an ad is of no use.
- Consider places where people enjoy – As people love to take pictures when they have a lot of time in hands, you should show your QR code at such places. You can also use places like a bus stop where people stand for a long time waiting and they can think of scan your code on ad.
- Implant your logo in codes – When using your qr code generator, think of adding your logo to your QR codes too so that your potential customers can identify your business by merely looking at your logo. But make sure that the code works properly along with your logo.
Hope that these tips will guide to exploring qr code generator and codes wisely for marketing your business.