Satisfied and happy investors don’t really care what other people think. Happy investors usually know what to do, where to go and what to let go in order to reach the goal. In pursuit of money is not always a pursuit of happiness. It is important that investors are happy first because they can start going out and investing their money successfully. If you know what you need and what you want, you will not end up pleasing everyone; that means there will be less barriers when it comes to attaining your financial goal. There is a better chance to become a happy investor rather than bitter one. This article aims to share some secrets of investor happiness and you may want to think about these suggestions and become a happy investor too.
- Don’t be a people pleaser – there is no need to worry about what other people think and say about you. It may seem difficult to ignore the advice that you get from different people, but a smart investor is always competitive. If you decide to go against the tide, you may find it difficult to get respect and positive feedback from other people. Thus, it will be better if you remain focused on internal gratification rather than pleasing other people. However, every investor should also be able to control that inner voice telling you that it is possible to change the tide. If not, then you are allowing your ego to drive you and you might get disappointed in the end.
- Be truthful – it is necessary for investors to stay honest and stay out of trouble. You may feel that you are surrounded by temptations to do not-so-good things “just once”. However, you have to keep in mind that once you give in your principles once, there will be other instances that you will do it again. Draw the line and be firm with what you stand for. There is a greater chance to earn more money by being honest with your work and investment.
- Stop buyer’s regret –If you had bought stocks and it didn’t turn out as you predicted, there is no need to cry over spilled milk. It will be much better to knock into shape and learn from the mistakes that you have committed. You decided to make that trade and it’s unfortunate that you lost the money, there is nothing much you can do about it but to move forward. If your ego is hurt then you are more likely going to feel remorseful about your decision. Regret is a sign of bruised ego.
- Believe in yourself – a happy investor needs to believe in one’s capability. You should be confident with your money management skills and your capability to make good investment decisions. If you decided to seek help from a financial expert, don’t hesitate to ask questions or clarify things that you don’t understand. The last thing that you want to happen is to be separated from your money. If you trust these paid experts and allow them to overpower your decisions, you are going to be in big trouble.
- Be brave – Contrary to what other people say, investing is not bad for your health. If you have a bad picture of the trade market, you will feel angry about it. There is nothing to fear about the market, you have to fear that the other guy is making a profit more than you do. There is no good in putting yourself in worst-case scenarios all the time. You have to be brave and take the risk, don’t look stupid worrying about losing your money or your job.
- Diversify your investment – there is no financial expert in this world that will advise you to put all your eggs in one basket. This is one of the common mistakes committed by investors. They invest their money with eyes closed and consider themselves happy investors. Bad days are bound to happen and it is a fact of life, it’s better to have a back up plan in case bad times happen.