If your company website is not optimized for smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices, you could be missing out on more than half of your audience. The days when visitors accessed websites only from their desktop and laptop computers are long over – these days as much as 50 percent of website visits originate from mobile devices. If your company is not currently taking advantage of this fact, you could find yourself – and your potential profits, left behind.
There are many reasons why you should redesign your website and optimize it for mobile use. The following is a list of the five most compelling reasons why your company should optimize its existing website – or design its new one – with mobile devices in mind.
1. Optimizing your website for mobile use allows you to make full use of social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook. Social media is a powerful tool for marketing your business and building your brand. If you do not yet have a presence on Facebook and Twitter you can be sure your competition will take advantage of that oversight. When you optimize your website or mobile use, you can create a unified look and feel that helps to draw in new customers and keep existing ones coming back for more.
2. Making your company website mobile-friendly allows you to test various marketing techniques and track your results in real time. There are a number of excellent tracking applications for mobile websites – many of them free. These apps allow you to see at a glance where your traffic is coming from, how long visitors remain on your site and which pages they visit. Those kinds of statistics are invaluable when it comes to tweaking your marketing plan and maximizing the return on your investments.
3. Websites designed for traditional desktop and laptop computers generally look terrible on smaller mobile screens. A website that is not properly optimized for tablets and smart phones can look cramped and cluttered, making it nearly impossible for visitors to find what they are looking for. If a potential customer visits your site on a mobile device and fails to find what they are looking for, that visitor is unlikely to return – even from a traditional computer.
4. The market for smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices is rising much faster than the market for desktop and laptop computers. Fifty percent of all web searches for local businesses are already conducted on these mobile devices – and that number is only expected to grow. If your website is not optimized for mobile use, you could literally be missing out on half of your customer base.
5. Websites that are optimized for mobile use load more quickly, making it easier for customers to find what they need, contact your business and make a purchase. No matter what the nature of your business, optimizing your website for mobile use will provide customers with a better experience.
As you can see, there are many good reasons to optimize your company website for mobile use. Whether you own a great local restaurant, the best print shop in town, or some other type of business, designing your website with mobile users in mind allows your customers to find you when they are in the mood to make a purchase.
- License: Creative Commons image source
Laura runs her own company and understands the importance of making it available to mobile users. Mobiles have evolved a lot over the last few years and with many people shopping from them now, it makes sense to advertise via this mode.