WordPress will allow you to build a website in a manner of minutes, but it’s the plugins and tools that will optimize its success on the Internet. With all of the available options, it can be difficult to discern which of these are the best for you. While everyone has different needs and likes, there are some add-ons that are universal and will help you regardless of the situation.
1. Artisteer – The Artisteer program is a powerful tool that will allow you to create eye-pleasing themes for your WordPress website. When used in culmination with your favorite graphic design program, you can create nearly any look and feel for a completely unique experience. With the Artisteer application, any visual effect can be installed on your Worpress site including Flash video files.
2. XML Sitemap Generator – As you may know, having a sitemap submitted to Google and Bing is part of search engine optimization. If these search engines know where the content is, there is a greater chance for it to be indexed for search results. This plugin will automatically create the file for you every time your content is changed or added. Once you activate this plugin and modify its settings to your desire, submit the link it provides to your Google and Bing accounts for optimization. The search engines and the plugin will automatically do the rest for you.
3. Keyword Statistics – Another great plugin for a strong SEO presence is Keyword Statistics. This plugin will count the number of keywords within you post and create the necessary META information for optimal search results. Keyword Statistics will create the META description automatically based on your content, analyze common words for the best tag usage, and provide the tools necessary to change any aspect for further customization. It is a very useful tool if you write SEO specific content and need to know the keyword density as you type.
4. K-news – The ability to send out newsletters is a function that could help create return visitors and spread highlights to anyone that has subscribed. With K-news, you are able to modify color schemes, create specific mailing lists, activate subscriptions and more. The WYSIWYG editor is easy to use and a corresponding YouTube video has been developed specifically to show users how to change the newsletter appearance. This gives you complete control of how the newsletter looks after distribution and what content is included in each issue. Automatic creation is available in K-news that will send out the newsletter without input from yourself as well.
5. Google Analytics – One of the most powerful tools at your disposal is the information provided by Google Analytics. Google Analytics for WordPress allows you to insert your account code from Google in order to start tracking your website immediately. This removes any hard-coding procedures and the available options give control of what aspects are to be accessed and tracked.
Although it is the content that will drive visitors to your WordPress website, it’s the tools and functionality that keep them coming back. While a stand-alone installation can still be productive, these add-ons can increase the productivity and efficiency of your website beyond what you realize. As many of these are simple to understand and install, you have nothing to lose but a few minutes of your time and visitors to gain.
This article is contributed by Madoline Hatter. Madoline is a freelance writer and blog junkie from ChangeOfAddressForm.com. You can reach her at: m.hatter12 @ gmail. com.