The ways humans communicate have changed over the years as the civilizations have progressed. From sign language to mobile phones, the communication systems have seen a tremendous evolution, never heard or seen anywhere else. And the next step of this evolution is VoIP. These systems not only give the companies a whiff of advancement but also provide them with unparalleled capabilities. When the concept of VoIP came through it was thought that the SMBs would be the only beneficiary but recent trends have shown that big companies are incorporating the cloud in equal measure. Here are the top reasons why VoIP is such a hit with the companies
- The market these days is in a state which is far from stable. In such a situation every company needs a communication system that would be efficient and cost saving just like cloud computing. VoIP provides just that.
- The initial savings in a VoIP system are incomparable. No additional equipment is needed as in the legacy systems where costly equipment’s are required in order to carry out the communication.
- The maintenance expenditure is also saved as it is the responsibility of provider rather than user.
Flexibility and scalability:
- The requirement of a company keeps changing as the business grows or shrinks. In such a scenario, VoIP provides great scalability as the VOIP connections can be changed according to the need of the user without much fuss.
- Flexibility is VoIP’s second name. One can take calls from anywhere, banishing any concerns related to missing an important call.
- VoIP gives us with the unique ability to customize the system according to our needs. One can set custom message for different numbers, can block unwanted numbers and can divert the calls to personal number if required.
- The voice mail messages can also be received via an email, keeping you up with every happenings and customer dealings.
UC- Unified Communication
In a hosted PBX system, the client gets services which not only enhances his experience but also gives the company a branded and rich feel.
The UC services include
In this process any received call can be conveniently forwarded to any person or department.
Any spam or unwanted calls can be easily blocked out by the user, enabling him to fully concentrate on the work at hand.
Suppose there are 6 lines going into a department, and all of them are busy. So the 7th call arriving would be automatically be put in the queue. The benefit of this technique is that no call is wasted or ignored making the productivity higher.
IVR- Interactive Voice Response:
The IVR refers to the automated voice that greets the caller every time a customer care or a toll-free number is called. The IVR not only automates the process but gives the caller an interactive environment in which he can choose the department directly rather than going through cumbersome process of telling his problems and grievances.
Music on Hold:
The music on hold makes sure that the caller does not get bored while his call is on hold.
This feature is a very basic one but ensures that in search of attractive features PBX has not forgot about the basics one.
The features of PBX make it impossible for the firms to ignore it, thus making it a widespread and a successful technology. Moreover recent trends show that more IT guys are enrolling into PBX tuition to make them well verse with the technology, indicating its undoubted rise.