As enterprises proceed on their journey to big data, they usually begin through batch processing their big data assets. This could mean aggregating and gathering web log data, user clicks form an application, telemetry from IoT devices and more.
TECHNOLOGIES IN THE BIG DATA ANALYSIS SPACE
In the big data space, there are technologies used. One particular technology is the .NET framework. Microsoft opened data analytics software world to its system with Hadoop. Huge data analytics has considerable integration with .NET programming and is clearly strategic to Microsoft.
HADOOP KEY ADVANTAGES
Hadoop’s proven to be valuable for many more traditional companies because of its key advantages, like the following:
- Flexible. Hadoop enables businesses to easily access new data sources and tap into different types of data, structured or otherwise. This means that businesses could make use of Hadoop to deliver valuable business insights from data sources such as social media, email conversations or clickstream data. Moreover, it could be used also for a wide array of purposes, such as warehousing of data, log processing, fraud detection, recommendation systems and market campaign analysis.
- Scalable. It’s a greatly scalable storage platform because it could store and distribute really huge sets of data across several affordable servers that operate in parallel. Moreover, it enables businesses to run applications on hundreds of thousands of nodes that involve thousands of data terabytes.
- Failure resilient. A key advantage of Hadoop is the fault tolerance. When data’s sent to a single node, data’s replicated to other nodes. This means that in the event of failure, there is another copy available.
- Cost-efficient. Hadoop provides a storage solution that’s cost-efficient. It’s designed as a scale-out architecture that can store all data affordably for use later. The cost savings is impressive.
- Fast. The one-of-a-kind storage is based on a distributed file system that ‘maps’ data basically wherever the location in the cluster. The processing of data tools are often on the same servers where data is located, resulting into much faster data processing.
MAJOR TECHNOLOGIES AND HOW THEY WORK WITH HADOOP AND THE .NET LANGUAGE
- Hive – Data query in Hadoop with SQL-like language.
- HBase – real-time big data NoSQL, which uses Hadoop for storage.
- Spark – a compute engine, which uses Hadoop but caches data in-memory for faster data access.
Data analytics is a huge industry at present. Microsoft democratized development of Windows with enterprise development using .NET Visual Basic, relational database development with SQL and BI Server, with a combination of the product and SharePoint and Office. Hadoop differs from past disrupted areas.
.NET AND DATA ANALYTICS
Big organizations look for huge volumes of data for insight and make informed decisions in real time as well. Today sees more .NET development as the platform that helps organizations and business enterprises to capitalize on technology. One can benefit of highly flexible and scalable solutions that are based on huge data through combining IIS Server with .NET. This helps an organization grow by achieving the desired goals.
BIG DATA FOR DEVELOPERS OF .NET
Microsoft released and still releases cloud data services that play and operate in the data analytics environment. A developer must pay attention. A developer must be aware of the technologies, what they do, what they are and their impact. With the new .NET development release and demand for better UX, especially on mobile, developing .NET will definitely lead the way in the new era. Thus, it helps online businesses to interact with the audience.
DEVELOPING .NET SOLUTIONS
There’s talent in developing solutions for the framework everywhere. Furthermore, it also witnesses a spike in the number of organizations, which leverage the technology to build and manage transformation change. The framework developers are in demand to work in integrated development scenarios. Moreover, it’s one of the best to make good use of Hadoop tech of big data for delivering solutions that are effective. Developing solutions is easier. Microsoft has made a system in big data, which simplifies the web and software development processes.
Microsoft has started to treat its developer community to several Hadoop-y releases that’s related to HDInsight or Hadoop in the cloud services. Check out the following:
- Microsoft .NET SDK for Hadoop. The kit provides .NET API access to HDInsight aspects, such as HCatalag, HDFS, Ambari, Oozie and some Powershell scripts for management of cluster.
- Microsoft Hive ODBC Driver. Enables the connection from Hive to Excel.
.NET is one of the technologies used for big data analytics. There are numerous technologies that developers use for the integration of big data analytics and the .NET framework.