You may have heard about the importance of branding in Social Media: your target audience is online, waiting for you. Well note: there are many benefits to your business once you create and execute your social media strategy. To take full advantage of all the efforts of online marketing actions, you should think well and make a smart plan. Following, this post will explain how to create your Social Media strategy step by step and achieve concrete advantages for your business.
Step 1: Define the goals of your Social Media strategy
The presence in Social Networks is useful not only to give visibility to your brand, but also to work the image of your enterprise. It’s time to set goals and understand what the needs of your business are.
The objectives of your Social Media strategy can be:
- Improve customer service: Your audience is online, and so should you. Social Networks can do much to reduce the distance between you and your clientele. It is one of the best ways to answer questions from your clients, all provided with a well-trained staff and qualified staff.
- Increase Web Traffic: One possible guideline for your Social Media strategy is to post compelling content that links to your page. It is using social networks as a source of input for new visitors.
- Promote Brand Presence: If you seek recognition of your brand in Social Networks, focus on creating quality content. Mirror your identity in your content, this will be your commercial image on the networks.
- Improve sales: Social networks are ideal to promote your products or services. In this sense, it is best to pay attention to the frequency of publishing content and to put links to the pages you want to promote. You can present collections, available products, offers, packages.
- Customer loyalty: Finally, your social media strategy may be the ideal way to strengthen your relationship with your audience. Once a purchase has been made, it’s time to add value to your image and interact with other channels, in addition to sales. Answer all queries and comments that appear, this posture helps build a relationship of trust with your followers and increases the chances that this customer will come back and choose you.
Step 2: Get to know your audience
Now that you know what you want to do and where you want to go, it’s time to identify the characteristics of your online audience. The idea is to select the best content related to your audience, you have to fit just with the profile of your readers. Make no mistake, the people are demanding and just want to see the best.
There are products in which all characters are the same person. However, there are products that have composite actors. In these cases, it is essential to define who is intended for your message. Focus on mission, soldier; once you characterize your audience, you should filter the content according to that particular actor(s).
Step 3: Do a Social Media Audit to know your place in Social Networks
Well, you already know what you want to do and for those who want to speak through their Social Media strategy, it’s time to understand what the situation of your brand image in Social Networks is. To do so, it is best to execute an audit or control process that will help you to know well where you stand with regard to Social Network Marketing. There are six simple steps, check these out:
- Step 1: Record all your Networks profiles in a worksheet;
- Step 2: Identify the accounts that may be representing your brand;
- Step 3: Create a goal for each profile;
- Step 4: Verify the authenticity of each account;
- Step 5: Optimize the administration of your passwords;
- Step 6: Define an administration protocol for your Social Networks.
Step 4: Choose the best channels to spread your content
After defining the objectives to be achieved with your Social Media Strategy and knowing your position in Social Networks, it is time to define the best channels to publish your material. In fact, each Social Network has its own style and characteristics, this part is fundamental. You must know what each network defines in order to choose the most appropriate for your brand and favor the growth of your business.
Step 5: Create value-added content for your audience
Adding value to content is one of the main points of a Social Media strategy. This aspect basically decides whether or not a user decides to follow his or her communication channel. Now that you know who you want to reach, it’s time to choose the content you will share on Social Networks.
Since no one is a fortune teller or has crystal ball for the web, there are some tools that replace any sensitive and serve to see the best topics of the moment. Of course, all this without counting your promotional publications, offers, products and so on.
Buzzsumo: Online finder that shows the popular contents of the moment of the Social Networks or even in specific domains.
Google Trends: A Google service that tells you what are the top searches performed by users – from a language, country, region, specific period, etc. – and what are the topics that set trends.
It is essential to talk about the right thing at the right time, this is about understanding what themes really matter to your audience and echoing on social networks. This helps attract readers and comments to your content; and if the content is really good, you still increase the number of followers of your accounts.
Step 6: Analyze the performance of your Social Media Strategy through statistics
Finally, to take the final step in creating a long-term sustainable social media strategy you have to analyze your performance on Social Networks. Specifically, you should know what the impact of your publications is on the different networks.
Another important point is to check what types of content provide the greatest amount of interactions. This means that your target audience has more taste for such or such type of content, invest in them to improve your editorial strategy. In short: analyzing the metrics of your Social Networks helps determine the errors and the correct answers. When you understand your audience’s preferences, you can optimize online posts with deductions.