Everyone has a vision when it comes to buying a home. But a home is as much an expense and an investment and only having a ‘vision’ or being emotional about it, is not a prudent step. So here are a few things to look forward to when buying your first home.
- Budget: There is always a disconnect about what you can afford and what the reality is. Before you even consider buying a home, the first thing you should do is make a proper estimate of what you can afford to spend on said home. A frank discussion with the family and the residents of said home, will give you a better idea of what your family can afford. A trip to your financial advisor will give you an idea of your assets and then you will have to go down to a bank(s) in order to request a loan. Only once you have these parameters set must you venture into the market looking for a home.
- Attend a home buyer’s seminar: A home buyer’s seminar will educate you as a consumer about what are the basics of buying a home. For instance there will be vital tips for you as a consumer about how to apply for a home loan. What are the documents that are going to be vital for your loan procedure? Also there will be property experts at your disposal to let you in on valuable insights about the process as a whole.
- Attend property exhibitions: A great place to begin your house hunt would be a property exhibition. These trade exhibitions are extremely popular and informative as they act as a conclave for multiple companies, who will be showcasing their inventory across price points and locations. There are also banks and financial establishments present at these events to give you an idea about the kind of loan you are eligible and in many cases begin the procedure as well.
- Visit property websites: Sites like Housing and magic bricks are a repository of residential inventory, as people list their homes to rent or sell. You are bound to find something of interest to you. Most often these sites cut out the middle man and you could end up saving a lot of money in brokerage.
- Choose a broker wisely: In India, real estate brokers are almost a necessary evil. In order to choose one wisely, ask your family and friends to recommend one to you and only engage with the person, if you are completely satisfied about their credentials and their expertise.
- Investigate builders properly: Always use the internet and your own common sense in order to gauge the reputation and credibility of the builder whose building you are planning to buy an apartment in. Speak to residents of other buildings he’s constructed and get the lowdown about the transparency or lack thereof, from construction to possession, and the formation of the housing society.
A home to dwell in securely is one of your fundamental rights and following the above tips will help you find and secure your dream home.
Author Bio: Sujain Thomas has a great sense of Entertainment. She has written many good and informative articles on different categories like Entertainment , home decor, real estate etc. Through this article, she gaves some information on Prabhadevi is an ideal location for your dream home with all the facilities and entertainment options within reach. To know more please visit http://thewadhwagroup.com